This is an amazingly effective and inexpensive way to improve health by flushing toxic bile from the liver and gall bladder using olive oil, epsom salts, and grapefuit juice. . It is based on a very old recipe improved with the addition of toxin-absorbing clay or diatomaceous earth. Many man-made chemicals and toxins given off by black mold and some bacteria (like Lyme disease bacterial toxins) can get trapped in body because they get reabsorbed through the intestinal walls after being detoxed by the liver and end up back in the body. They then get concentrated in the bile and cause many unpleasant physical and mental symptoms. The Liver Flush flushes out large amounts of bile along with the toxins it contains.
My health has improved greatly as a result of doing these cleanses. They have greatly helped my digestion, food allergies, and energy levels dramatically just after doing a few of these cleanses. Some people claim these liver flushes can remove gallstones, but from my experience and understanding, the main benefit for most people is that it flushes out toxin-containing bile.
3/4 to 1 cup light olive oil (if you are a bigger person, use 1 cup)
4 Tablespoons of Epsom salts
1/2 cup of freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
4 heaping tablespoons of diatomaceous earth or french green clay, or bentonite clay .
The First Day
1. Start your morning with a no-fat breakfast: cooked cereal, fruit and fruit juice. Do not eat or drink anything after 2 p.m. Get your Epsom salts mix ready. Mix 4 Tablespoons Epsom salts in 4 cups of water. Put in a jar and store in the refrigerator. It tastes bitter but being cold helps the taste. This volume yields four servings, 1 cup each.
2. 6:00 p.m: Drink one of the servings of Epsom salts at . Optionally, add a little lemon juice for taste. You can add a natural sweetener. Use a straw for convenience. Rinse the taste out of your mouth with drinking water.
3. 8:00 p.m: Down another cup of the Epsom salts and water mixture. Although you have not eaten since 2 p.m., you won’t feel hungry. Drink it all down quickly. Timing is very important.
4. 9:45 p.m. Prepare a mixture of the olive oil, grapefruit, juice and diatomaceous earth (or clay). Put them into a jar with a lid so you can shake it. Close the lid and vigorously shake until the solution is watery. Use the bathroom before bedtime. Don’t be more than 15 minutes off on these steps.
5. 10:00 p.m: Drink down the mixture you just prepared, at Drink it down relatively quickly, within 5 minutes. Make sure you are standing when you drink it down. You could use a little natural sweetener for taste. Go to bed immediately after drinking. Lie down and keep still. You may feel activity in your stomach or the liver area. This is normal. Just do your best to be still and go to sleep.
The Second Day:
6. 6:00 a.m: Drink another cup of the Epsom salts and water mixture. Go back to bed after drinking it.
7. 8:00 a.m: Drink the final cup of Epsom salts and water mixture. This is the last dose. Go back to bed.
Now just wait for the body cleansing to start. You’ll have to go sit on the throne at least one time, usually several.
8. Its important to drink plenty of water after getting out of bed and all morning to help with the flushing process. Notice the small bits of green-to-tan pea-like “stones” floating in the toilet. This is old toxic bile and olive oil saponified and flushed from the body. Start eating very lightly around noon. Start with juice. Work up to fruit. Later in the evening, you should be eating normally. If your body is very toxic from exposure to such things as mold toxins, lyme toxins, or industrial toxins, you may feel worse for a few days before feeling better. This is because the toxins have been stirred up in the system and some gets reabsorbed back into the bloodstream from the intestinal walls. This is why the diatomaceous earth or clay is so important. These materials absorb the toxins so they do not get re-absorbed as much.
Wait at least two weeks before you do the liver cleanse again.
Most people have noticeable health improvements after one flush, but after a series of 4-5 flushes, even more health improvements are often achieved.
A maintenance of 1-2 cleanses per year is recommended.