Mold Toxins and Lyme Neurotoxins:

Neurotoxins are believed to be the cause of many cases of chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, and brain fog

Mold Neurotoxins
When a building has water damage or high humidity that is not immediately corrected, molds such as Stachybotrys, Aspergillus, Acremonium, Actiniomycetes, Penicillium and Chaetomium are likely to start growing. These bacteria can produce deadly neurotoxins. Grain products and peanuts are another possible source of mold toxins. These molds produce toxins that may result in chronic inflammation along with unpleasant symptoms such as fatigue, brain fog, food and chemical sensitivities, pain, headaches, weight gain, mental disturbances, and sex drive changes.

It is reported that 25% of the population do not have the genes for producing the needed antibodies for removing mold toxins. This explains why some people get “sick building syndrome” and other people do not.

Without these antibodies, the immune system cannot rid the body of these mold toxins. The toxins are not tagged by the immune system as invaders and therefore the body cannot eliminate them. The liver can remove them from the blood and send them to the digestive tract via the bile, but they are quickly absorbed through the intestines and back into the blood. Eventually these trapped toxins build up in the body causing illness.

Lyme Disease Neurotoxins
People suffering from Lyme disease often have the same problem as people suffering from mold toxins. Many people are carriers of the Lyme disease bacteria but do not have symptoms of Lyme disease. The Lyme bacteria, Borrelia burgdorferi, gives off a neurotoxin that some people do not produce antibodies for. Once again, without these antibodies, the immune system cannot rid the body of these toxins. The toxins are not tagged by the immune system as invaders and therefore the body cannot eliminate them. The liver can remove them from the blood and send them to the digestive tract via the bile, but they are quickly absorbed through the intestines and back into the blood.

Now for the Good News: Three Ways to Help Detoxify Mold and Lyme Toxins

1. Diatomaceous Earth for Detoxing Mold and Lyme Neurotoxins:
This is where diatomaceaus earth may be beneficial. It has the ability of absorbing toxins such as Lyme and mold toxins as they are excreted along with bile into the digestive tract. And then they are eliminated from the intestines when you go to the restroom. This prevents mold and/or Lyme toxins contained in the bile from being absorbed back into the blood and building up in the body. Click on the link above for more info on where to get diatomaceous earth and its benefits. Many people take 1 tablespoon in their beverage of choice several times per day.

2. Sauna Therapy for Detoxing Mold and Lyme Neurotoxins:
Another way of reducing these toxins is through sweating. Some of the toxins can exit via the sweat glands and bypass the liver and digestive tract. Portable saunas are a relatively cheap and effective way of getting the benefits of sweating out toxins. Sauna’s also speed up the metabolism both aiding in toxin removal and weight loss.

3. Liver Flushes Using Olive Oil, Epsom Salt, and Grapefruit Juice For Detoxing Mold and Lyme
Neurotoxins:

This is believed to be an extremely effective way of flushing out toxin containing bile from the body. Click the above link for complete instructions and explanation.

People have reported that the effects of ingesting diatomaceous earth, regular sauna therapy, and a series of a few liver flushes are similar and often very noticeable. The effects of all three therapies have been described as a general feeling of lightness in the body and heightened clarity of mind. Many people report experiencing a noticeable reduction in fatigue, brain fog, aches and pains, headaches, food and chemical sensitivities, weight reduction, etc. Basically, when the body’s toxic burden is reduced, the body and mind feels less bogged down and can function at a higher level.

You can buy food grade diatomaceous earth at many animal feed stores. Make sure it is food grade. It is used as an additive for animal feed and also FDA approved for adding to stored grain for human consumption.


  • Latest Articles




* Results may vary from person to person | Health Disclaimer